Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Few New Friends in DC



It was a raw very wet evening last Thursday night and while I generally am not much for walking into a crowd of strangers, I had a wonderful time meeting some fellow DC bloggers. Mitchell Gold and Bob William"s Furniture Store held a book signing party for Domino Magazine's new Interior Decorating Book. The store was filled with beautiful people, not the normal DC crowd (sorry) and the atmosphere was very welcoming. While I'm a big fan of the magazine, my primary goal was to finally meet in person the great talent behind the blog, "My Notting Hill." To say that I was hiding my envy at her stature in the shelter, art, design, blogosphere world would be putting it mildly.

To say that she's simply lovely is the truth, and Mr. Notting Hill, I say this with the utmost respect. We stick to first names here for privacy reasons,but Michelle, your a great talent and I had a great time meeting you. We chatted away about the rigors and work required publishing our blogs and exchanged a few tricks of the trade. We both got to meet tons of design-like minded folk and were thrilled, at least I was, by how many people knew us by our blogs. There are so many interesting talented people right here in our nation's capital.

Right towards the end of the evening I spotted the new talent Stefan, from Architect Design and brought us all together for what turned into a mutual fanfest and this picture,
property of Michelle's.

It was a wet but wonderful evening.

4 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

You are so kind! And, thank you because your tip finally helped me figure out how to get those pictures to load up in my listing of blogs! Hopefully there will be more events to go to in the future. p.s. - Cote de Texas left a nice comment about your picture and Stefan's on my Domino posting

ALL THE BEST said...

It is so nice when blogger can get together! I got your comment about the Bowie/Crosby video...it's impossible for me to imagine that someone has never heard of either man. My God I'm Old too!!!!

cotedetexas said...

Y'all look like you had a great time - I'm so jealous! I wish I had been there!!!

ok - that sculpture scared the life out of me!!!

pve design said...

Making new friends is one of the best parts of blogging and inspiring each other that style really has more than just a price tag. Of course, having met Stefan in NY, I am envious of your evening, even if it was wet. I hope to meet you, and My Notting Hill too!