Monday, June 30, 2008

Olafur Eliasson and New York's Waterfalls



Last week in New York City the spigots were turned on and began an art exhibition, whose concept I love. Olafur Eliasson's "Waterfalls." Here is the main site for the exhibition. New York Waterfalls

As a native New Yorker, though now a resident of DC, I'm always envious that our big brother to the north can put on civic art works that DC seems to be incapable of doing. I must say that from my own perspective this puts Christo's "The Gates" to shame. NYC is a water town and this work of art says it all. I will admit that the sound of water falling has always put me in my zen zone.But the particular falls beneath the Brooklyn Bridge is sublime and I don't know why. For more information on the artist's work here, is his recent exhibition at MOMA.

No comments: