Thursday, March 13, 2008

Birds, Bees and Blooms and Turtles


I recently stumbled upon the University of Glasgow's Special Collections website and proceeded to spend a few hours gazing at the most beautiful old prints. Here you will find a selection of groundbreaking and wonderfully illustrated natural history books, from the fifteenth to nineteenth centuries. All I could think of was covering my walls with some of these fantastic illustrations. I've selected just few to give you an idea of what a great resource this collection is for ideas and an appreciation of truly great art.Though I must say that I've always loved Turtles.
















2 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

These are great old prints. Thanks for this great source.

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with your blog. I found myself checking into all the information you have provided and searching out the other links for most of the evening. You have a great taste... keep all the fantastic information coming.
Thank you.