Monday, September 21, 2009

Two Lovely People Plus lots Of Talent Make For A Great Party



By now half of the blogosphere knows that Michele of My Notting Hill and her better half throw a great party. It was such a pleasure to be included and the format made it an instant success.

You know how when you go to a big party and you want to throw your hand out and meet people? Well, because so many of us knew each other by our blogs and because of some of the great designers in the room,not to mention Terri Sapienza of the Washington Post, everyone was so eager to meet each other that it was a cacophony of conversation from the get go. And yet, it was so relaxed.

Now of course Michele had Eddie and Jaithan has the guests of honor and they couldn't have been more fun, but the talent in the room was overwhelming and it sent everything to new heights. Humble Homer just had to keep up. The flowing wine helped greatly. Michele identified everyone on her post so I'm just going to put up the pictures I took, and, I felt a bit crass taking them at a private dinner party, but hey, we're bloggers. It was a wonderful evening and I think the format of bringing together local bloggers should spread. Its just a terrific way to meet new folk that share a passion. Michele my heartiest thanks








Our hostess. Notice the very cool crunchy shutter behind her. A very nice element in the addition.





That's Stefan from Architect Design at the head of the table.



Terri from Canada in deep conversation



That's Michele's better half and man can he cook!!




Yummy dessert






Thats Jennifer from Washington Spaces showing Jaithan the newest edition.

8 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics - looks like fun.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

was great seeing you again! it had been to long. sorry we didn't get to talk more!

Haven on Hanover said...

Great chatting with you at Michele's. Fun party!

Things That Inspire said...

You DC bloggers have all of the fun! It is truly amazing to see the concentration of blog talent that comes out of DC.

Pretty Lovely said...

So disappointed I couldn't be there for this -- it looked like such a lovely time!

Hampers said...

Your blog looks wonderful with nice pictures. Enjoyed going through your blog. keep it up the good work. Cheers :)

My Notting Hill said...

Bob - I visited days ago and realized I didn't leave a comment! Great pics - glad you all were there! Michele

Windlost said...

Bob, great pics and thanks for recording this lovely event for posterity (if not the one of my posterior). haha.

My partner and I just got back from a whirlwind trip to DC and Virginia, so I will be re-posting about this party (belatedly), and our trip, later this week. There are a couple of good photos of you, so you will be appearing in the digital ether again...

I will email you the photos with you in them, if you have an email link on this site.

Cheers and nice to meet you! Terri from Canada.