Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Familial Recommendations



News from family and friends have reached me on a hot summer night and its cool news. I'm lucky enough to have such close relations with people that are at the top of their game and I want to pass on the good news and send my best wishes.

To start with, I have an ultra hip LA cousin with the equally smooth name of Alessandro Uzielli, whose restaurant," La Dolce Vita" has been named by Bon Appetite Magazine as a "Top Ten Must-Visit Classic Restaurants." I knew I had found what I was looking for when I entered La Dolce some two years ago on a short trip to LA and sat myself down at the cozy bar. There are perhaps only four or five stools at the bar and a few photos letting me know that my keister was warming the same seats that Sinatra, Cooper and Grant had sat in before. The place had me thinking martini but my great host poured a much finer glass of red before I enjoyed a great Italian dinner and good conversation. It was like I was in "Mad Men" and only lacked the cool blonde at my right. Perhaps I should have stayed an hour longer. Cheer's Al.



I've written before about my great friend Joanie Brady's watercolors and received a new work this evening, so tasty looking for an August summer's dessert endeavor, along with the perfect phrase for thought. You can find more of her work at JoanBrady.com

No comments: