Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back For A Bit'O PR



As some of my readers have discovered by now, I work at the Kellogg Collection in Washington, DC. I have watched over the past few weeks as some very nice furniture stores after the next seem to be closing their doors unable to ride out this unrelenting recession.

I'm a lucky guy to work for such a great company. We small band of talented people put together a shopping experience that brings in people from all over the country, asking why there's not a Kellogg Collection in their town. Suffice it to say, The Kellogg is a metropolitan Washington DC tradition with five stores. Those being in DC on Wisconsin Avenue,Bethesda, McLean, Richmond and Baltimore. Its our business plan. It works, and we're here to stay!

Every year we have a big Clearance Sale, though normally not in DC. This year we decided to hold the event at our flagship store and starting tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. the store will be bursting with wonderful mid-summer deals that I know will have our loyal clientele searching out some wonderful buys. Readers of Homer know how much I like a good deal! And yea..besides being that hard working salesman on the floor, I write press releases. Keep an eye out in tomorrow's Washington Post Home section about the sale.

Since only discerning, tasteful and elegant people take a moment to read this blog I thought I'd give you a heads up on what to find this coming week should you be near by and can stop in. Although if you want to call the store, ask for Homer and I can email you pics of objects you might be looking for. At any rate let me just say the best deal of the sale are a bunch of 3 x 5 needlepoint rugs that can look so perfect in a bedroom or cozy nook. Handmade in China..I know..the Portuguese have been priced out of the market, but still they'd make a beautiful and a wonderful Xmas gift. Normally around $1,000.00 they will be on sale for $299.00. Additionally there are great deals on numerous designer fabric club chairs, ottomans, painted furniture, lamps, mirrors, etc.

I took a few pics of the store this afternoon, very amateur and static, but it is what it is, as we were getting ready for tomorrow and hope you take a look. My favorite piece?? That black marble coffee table. Its high which I love and just the right size. Don't quote me on this bit I think its around $400.00. If I only wasn't saving for another item!

Now remember these pictures are of the store put together for the clearance sale. It looks mightily different the rest of the year.At any rate should you read this and come by please say hello. Cheer's Homer.

























1 comment:

Mrs. Blandings said...

My sister in law LOVES the Kellogg Collection. She took me there when we were in DC a few years ago. No surprise you work in such a stylish spot.