Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Then and Now

Last night's posting on Bonham's Auction got me thinking about one of the pieces and one that I featured close to a year ago. I have always loved a great RED chair. Perhaps its the Irish Catholic in me, but give me a room to decorate and there may well be a red chair in it. Let's take a look at an old one and a new one. The first is from Bonham's upcoming auction. It is American, early 19th century and beautiful. The second is from Soane's UK furniture store and is sublime in its luxury, but in many ways they make the same statement.

Naturally the antique is estimated to sell for between $4,0000.00 to $6,000.00 and Soanes should come in around $2,500.00. So you could have one of the first or two of the latter. Oh such problems! I'm a modern gent in the end...give me two of the new and I have just the place for them. Take a look and tell me what you'd pick.



3 comments:

cotedetexas said...

hmmmmmmmm I would take two of the second chair. the slipper one. love them both though - whadda dilemma!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I would love 2 of the 2nd one as well! Beautiful!

My Notting Hill said...

This is tough but I think I'd pick the first one. Once you mentioned the Irish Catholic thing I was biased - thus the first chair!